The winter is getting hot. Hot, white chocolate with eggnogg is coming directly from Santa Pauli and the Hamburg winter deck to your home. It’s called Schneeflittchen. That’s Snow White, not a princess but a tramp.
Recipe for hot, white chocolate with eggnogg
Amount: 2-3 cups
500 ml milk
100 g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
4 cl eggnogg
Whipped cream with cinnamon
200 ml of cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Firstly, make a light whipped cream. Without extras. No, not low-fat whipped cream. Light means to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. The cream must not become stiff. It should be creamy and thick. Stir in the cinnamon. Set aside and refrigerate.
- Afterwards heat the milk slowly in a saucepan. Do not boil. Break the chocolates into pieces and add them to the milk. Keep stirring until the chocolate is molten.
- Stir in the eggnogg and season to taste with more if necessary.
- Next take your favorit cup. Then fill the cup about 3/4 with the hot, white chocolate. You still need space for the whipped cream.
- Finally, top with whipped cream. Most important is that you don’t use too much cream. It expands in the warmth and therefore the drink might overflow.
- Now is the time to enjoy the hot, white chocolate with eggnogg. To point out, it is drunken through the whipped cream. Do not stir in the whipped cream.
If you like the hot, white chocolate sweeter, add more sugar before serving.
I made the hot drink with white chocolate of all price ranges. I don’t dare to say it, it tastes best with cheap, white chocolate.
The whipped cream can be stored in a closed container in the refrigerator for about 2 days. Then it begins to liquefy. If it has not turned sour, then it can be whipped one more time and used again.
The hot, white chocolate is served in a champagne glass in Hamburg. That looks more elegant, of course. I prefer a cup. Cleaning the greasy glasses annoys me. I don’t use a dish washer. It’s manual work, baby. Wanna know more. Read “How to … clean and polish sparkling wine glasses”.