Krabi, crab, surimi salad with rice Eastern European style King Edward the Ordinary brought along from his trips to eastern Europe.
This dish is best for hot summer days. The juicy cucumber adds freshness to the salad. In addition, the combination of rice and surimi has a high energy content.
Recipe: Krabi, crab, surimi salad with rice Eastern European style
Amount: 6 servings
285 g corn, drained
200 g crab sticks, surimi,
1 fresh cucumber, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
150 g long grain or basmati rice
200 g creme fraiche
2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
1-2 tsp paprika powder
1 pinch curry powder
- Firstly cook the rice in salted water. It should have some bite left. Drain and fluff the rice with a fork. Then let it cool for an hour or two in the fridge.
- While the rice is cooling, prepare the other ingredients. It is most important that all ingredients are about the same size. The size of a kernel of corn. These are approx. 0.5 cm large cubes.
- Clean and core the cucumber to begin with. But do not peel it. Drain the corn. Then dice the red paprika, surimi, crab sticks and cucumber.
- Next, mix the cooled rice and corn well in a large bowl.
- Add diced paprika, cucumber and crab sticks, surimi. Do not mix the salad at this time. Otherwise the crabs will be mushy from the crowd. Put everything aside.
Now prepare the dressing.
- Therefore mix the creme fraiche, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, paprika powder and curry powder.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything carefully. Add more salt if necessary.
- After that the krabi, crab, surimi salad with rice is ready to eat. However, it becomes much tastier if it soaks in the refrigerator for about another hour.
Use fresh crab meat if you have the opportunity.
Use long grain rice. The salad doesn’t work with short grain rice. Short grain rice gives off a lot of starch when cooked. Additionally it has a soft core. That’s why the rice sticks after preparation. For the salad, however, rice with a bite is necessary.
The salad can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
With feeling, please … That’s why I like to use disposable gloves to mix the salad.