Lentejas con Chorizo are lentils with Spanish sausage. The stew just makes you happy and is the perfect food for cold or warm days. An All-rounder.
Recipe: Lentejas con Chorizo - Lentils with Spanish sausage
Amount: 4-5 servings
200 g lentils
100 g carrots, diced
50 g fresh celery, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
200 g dried chorizo sausage, diced
125 ml dry white wine
1 bay leaf
1 pinch of grated nutmeg
0,5 tsp sweet paprika powder
0,5 tsp cumin
1 fresh chili, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp vinegar
800 ml of water or broth
1 piece of bacon rind
- Firstly fry the bacon rind in a big saucepan. Alternatively, more olive oil can be used for frying.
- Secondly add and fry the onion and garlic.
- Then stir in the chorizo sausage, the diced vegetables, the lentils and the bay leaf along with the chopped chili.
- Continue stirring for 1 minute. Afterwards add the water or broth.
- Cook the mixture of vegetables over medium heat until the lentils are almost cooked. Season the stew with pinch of grated nutmeg, sweet paprika powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Now it’s time to add the white wine. If you like it sour, you can also add a dash of vinegar to the lentils.
- Let the stew simmer for 10-15 minutes until the lentils have absorbed the liquid and are well done.
- Serve Lentejas con Chorizo - Lentils with Spanish sausage with freshly, chopped parsley.
Alternative meat side dishes: diced spicy dear salami, diced pork roast or one fried Spanish merguez sausage per person.
Process fresh chili with disposable gloves. The oils in the chili attack your skin and mucous membranes. Chili in the eyes or on the face is not funny. Chili on the hands can be removed with sunflower oil and dish washing liquid. At first rub your hand with the oil. Thereafter wash your hands with the dish washing liquid and a lot of water. Repeat several times.
Whole spices simply taste better. Crush them yourself. If they are not available, use ground ones.
Fresh is the magic word. Use fresh ingredients like e.g. garlic, ginger, turmeric.