A Thanksgiving traditional. It just needs a few ingredients to make delicious Maple-Cranberry Sweet Potatoes that melt on your tongue.
Recipe for Maple-Cranberry Sweet Potatoes
Amount: 5 servings
900 g sweet potatoes
1/2 tsp salt
150 g (1/2 cup) pure maple syrup
150 g (1 cup) dried cranberries
3 tbsp butter
- Firstly the dried cranberries have to be soaked. Therefore cover the cranberries barely with water. Heat them up for 2 min and let them soak for minimum 1 hour. Drain afterwards.
- Meanwhile butter a glass baking dish.
- Clean the sweet potatoes and cut them in 1 cm thick slices. Salt the sweet potatoes from both sides. Arrange them in the glass baking dish, overlapping slices if necessary.
- Then in a saucepan, heat up the maple syrup and boil it for 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, and boil gently 10 to 15 minutes to reduce the maple sirup.
- Stir in the drained cranberries, together with 3 tablespoons of butter and salt. Cook all for 5 more minutes.
- Spoon maple-cranberry syrup evenly over the potatoes. Add butter flakes if the syrup is not enough to cover all sweet potatoes. Afterwards bake, uncovered for 20 minutes or until soft. Be careful that the syrup does not burn.