Summer time, strawberry time. Strawberry lime is a fruity combination of strawberries and alcohol. The basic recipe can be changed according to taste. More fruity, sweeter, more sour or more alcoholic. Be careful, the fruity drink is mighty devilish and has more alcohol content than it tastes of.
Recipe: Strawberry lime
Amount: approx. 900 ml
500 g strawberries, fresh or frozen
100 g powdered sugar
50 ml lime juice
250 ml vodka (40%)
- At first wash and clean the strawberries and cut them into smaller pieces, if necessary.
- Afterwards finely puree the strawberries and powdered sugar with a hand blender in a tall mixing bowl. Then pour in the lime juice and vodka. Finally mix everything well together.
Depending on your taste, you can vary the amount of sugar, lime and vodka.
- Alternatively, all ingredients can be mixed together in a food blender.
- Fill the lime into clean bottles. Then close them tightly and store them in the refrigerator until consumption.
- Prior to serving shake the strawberry lime. Serve it cold. Most important: Don’t use ice cubes. They dilute the drink.
- Homemade Lime can be kept in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. In general clean bottles extend the shelf life.
Strawberry lime tastes significantly better with fresh fruit! The fruity drink can, however, also be prepared with frozen fruits.
Drink strawberry lime as a shot, as aperitif in (boring) sparkling wine or use it as a fruity topping on vanilla ice cream.
The limes tastes very good with lemon juice or a mixture of lime and lemon juice.
The strawberries don’t have enough fruit flavor? A few tablespoons of strawberry syrup enhance the taste of the fruity smoothie with alcohol.