Turkish, green lentil stew adds a pinch of Orient to your dining table. Hearty and tasty with feel-good potential.
Recipe: Turkish, green lentil stew
Quantity: 4 servings
200 g green lentils
1 onion, diced
2 green pointed peppers, diced
1 red pointed pepper, diced
½ tbsp paprika paste
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon whole cumin, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
Optional: chilli flakes or fresh chilli
- Firstly cut the vegetables into small pieces. Wash the lentils and set aside.
- Secondly crush the whole cumin.
- Next, sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Then add the diced pepper and fry for a few minutes.
- Afterwards stir in the paprika paste, e.g. Ajvar, and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the tomato, lentils, salt, pepper and cumin. Add plenty of water so that it covers the lentils. Heat the stew. Simmer it for about 25 minutes until the lentils are soft. Add more water if necessary. Stir regularly so that the lentils don’t burn.
- Season with salt and cumin before serving.
- Turkish, green lentil stew tastes good as a vegetarian stew or as a side dish to e.g. spicy paprika sausage, bratwurst.