Pancakes don’t have to be sweet. There are no limits to the variety of the hearty variants. Small chili pancakes with tuna filling are a simple, more unusual, but tasty variant. In particular do your taste buds a favour and don’t use low-fat products for the dish.
Recipe for small chili pancakes with tuna filling
Quantity: 5 servings
250 ml milk
150 g wheat flour
1 teaspoon sambal oelek or chili paste
150 g tuna (in oil, drained weight)
1 red onion
200 g full fat cream cheese
1 tsp curry powder
- Firstly mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Then stir in about half of the milk and stir the dough into a smooth mass.
- Mix in the egg and the rest of the milk.
- Next, season the dough with sambal oelek. Let the dough rest briefly.
- Heat the oil in a pan and bake about 5 small pancakes from the dough. After that set the pancakes aside and let cool.
Meanwhile, make the tuna filling for the chili pancakes.
- To begin with, drain the tuna well.
- Peel the onion and apple and chop both finely.
- Afterwards mix the full-fat cream cheese, onion and apple pieces together. Once done season the filling with salt and curry powder.
- Then distribute the filling over the cold pancakes. Avoid the edge, otherwise the filling will run over. You can now either roll the pancakes or fold them in the middle.
- Finally, seal the pancakes with wooden cocktail sticks or toothpicks. Now the small chili pancakes with tuna filling are ready to serve.
The remains of the tuna filling taste great on a piece of bread.
By the way, you can easily make curry powder yourself. It can be made in advance and kept in an airtight container. Without doubt dishes taste much better with homemade curry powder.